Nauvoo, Illinois Temple
$19.95 – $99.95
Nauvoo, Illinois, USA Temple
Originally dedicated privately by Orson Hyde and Joseph Young on April 30, 1846, it was publicly dedicated on May 1-3, 1846 by Orson Hyde. The Nauvoo temple became the first temple where baptisms for the dead were performed. Two years later, after the Saints had been forced to abandon it, an arsonist burned the interior of the building. In 1850 tornado category winds knocked down what remained of the exterior walls and by 1865 the building was no more; the stones having been scavenged for other buildings. April 4, 1999 it was announced that the Nauvoo Temple would be rebuilt. Dedicated June 27, 2002 this temple stands as a strong reminder that no matter how tough things get, no matter how beaten down we may become, through the power of the atonement we can be cleansed and renewed, being restored and becoming “Nauvoo”, the Hebrew word for beautiful place, ourselves.
How Temple Coins are Made
Dave started creating jewelry using metals in 1992, ten years later he had worked with nearly every metal in the jewelry industry! Moving to Thailand, he spent the next nine years perfecting his skills with various metals, 3D models and 3D printers. He dreamed of producing something that would bring delight to purchasers and carry with it positive feelings that would touch the souls of those who owned them. In 2014 he was able to realize his dream. Returning to the US, he uses Lost-wax casting to create a metal master from brass alloy for each temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, depicting, in the highest degree of definition possible, a coin with a 3D image of a temple. The reverse of each coin is cast with the words “Stand ye in holy places.”
Purchase one or two of the temples that hold special meaning to you. Commemorate your visit to a temple by picking up the corresponding coin. Celebrate a milestone in a loved one’s life by gifting them a temple coin to inspire them. Collect them all or just a few. Some are cast in precious metals, making each coin an investment that will be a treasure in every sense of the word.
- Free Shipping on orders over $35.
- All coins are 1 1/4 in.
- Pewter Coins are cast from lead free alloys.
- Brass Coins cast from a silicone, brass alloy. Giving our brass coins a rich yellow gold color for a fraction of the cost of gold coins.
- Silver Coins are cast from an alloy of silver containing 92.5% by weight of silver and 7.5% by weight of other metals, usually copper.
- Gold Coins cast in 14K Gold are 58.5% pure gold. The remaining alloy consists of a copper and silver mix.
- All of our coins are developed, cast, and finished locally in our facility in Logan, UT, U.S.A.